prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
WE do now also .

But at least a doc has *looked* at the person....

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
SCCA drivers are the least healthy .

Yes, Peter , why should anyone come and endurance race with SCCA? Why should they go through the SCCA hassle when they can literally, bring valid driver gear and a check to registration and race anywhere else .
WE have to sell it. Thanks goodness for the 200 TW rule. Now I just hope that we dont have more than 5 classes . If we can get Hankook to get on board , it could possibly work and be a decent product.

I don't buy your argument, Mike. If people aren't getting an annual physical for their own health I would question their ability to make sound judgements.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 am 

How can anyone racing be of sound judgment? Have you talked to racers?
People are lazy and will continue to take the path of least resistance . Simple as that .
If we can get them into a racing product that offers something that the others do not, we will succeed. If not , we will have done the same thing twice and failed each time .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:46 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
People are lazy and will continue to take the path of least resistance . Simple as that .
If we can get them into a racing product that offers something that the others do not, we will succeed. If not , we will have done the same thing twice and failed each time .

I'm sorely tempted to exercise maximum snark (TYFYI,) but won't. I will observe, however, that you seem to be a regular user of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) when trying to make a case. You're just guessing based on the small subset (your contacts) of a small subset of people (those interested in racing.) If we don't let kids play high school interscholastic sports without a physical I don't think it's too much to ask people to get a physical to get in a race car and risk their and other people's lives.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:01 am 

Peter Olivola wrote:
Protech Racing wrote:

I'm sorely tempted to exercise maximum snark (TYFYI,) but won't. I will observe, however, that you seem to be a regular user of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) when trying to make a case. You're just guessing based on the small subset (your contacts) of a small subset of people (those interested in racing.) If we don't let kids play high school interscholastic sports without a physical I don't think it's too much to ask people to get a physical to get in a race car and risk their and other people's lives.

OK why hold back? I have little fear , lots of observations and interactions with racers. I have been doing this since about 1991 with SCCA(1975 actually ) , Since 2009 Chumpcar, I have seen what works , what doesnt . I would love to see SCCA be successful with this .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:29 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
Peter Olivola wrote:
Protech Racing wrote:

OK why hold back? I have little fear , lots of observations and interactions with racers. I have been doing this since about 1991 with SCCA(1975 actually ) , Since 2009 Chumpcar, I have seen what works , what doesnt . I would love to see SCCA be successful with this .

So, aside from carping on what, in your opinion, is wrong, what are your doing to help SCCA be successful with this? What you mostly sound like is a used car salesman who doesn't know how to overcome objections and whines to his manager to cut the price.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:00 am 

Peter Olivola wrote:
So, aside from carping on what, in your opinion, is wrong, what are your doing to help SCCA be successful with this? What you mostly sound like is a used car salesman who doesn't know how to overcome objections and whines to his manager to cut the price.

Why don't we keep the ad hominem out of this. Mike brings up good points here and attacking him doesn't dispute those issues. Your welcome to disagree but lets leave it at that.

#18 HP Volkswagen Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:54 am 

I'm a big boy and I was at one time a used car manager .
What can I do ? What have I done ?
I prompted Chumpcar to go to a points based system from a made up cash value system.

My suggestion for the Sebring Chump race was to run 13hrs and make it the longest race there. Then I sent PRs to the local papers. My local paper ran a story on my team and shop from my PR. The Highland times ran something also .
I pushed for 3 classes of Chumpcar so that cheaper cars could run and have trophies. Having cheaper/slower cars brings more racers with SCCA IT cars that had no chance straight up . 3 classes is plenty IMHO.

I put the rules together for ITEZ. The CFR has messed them up with an upper engine limit of 3.0 litres .. That eliminates about half of the Champcars .
I would like to see this morph into a derivative of Terry Hanasuk(sp) ,"Saturday Night Special", a 6 to 8 hr race that starts at 5 or 6 oclock sat eve. The selling points of the other endurance races are the tow to track time ratio . A sat eve race would allow teams to load in sat afternoon, race and leave sun am .

I have put my name to the CRB at l least twice, offering to help wherever needed. I put in a letter for the 200 TW tires a couple of times. Etc.
If I have missed an opportunity to further this endeavor, please enlighten me . MM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 am 

Protech Racing wrote:
I'm a big boy and I was at one time a used car manager .
What can I do ? What have I done ?
I prompted Chumpcar to go to a points based system from a made up cash value system.

My suggestion for the Sebring Chump race was to run 13hrs and make it the longest race there. Then I sent PRs to the local papers. My local paper ran a story on my team and shop from my PR. The Highland times ran something also .
I pushed for 3 classes of Chumpcar so that cheaper cars could run and have trophies. Having cheaper/slower cars brings more racers with SCCA IT cars that had no chance straight up . 3 classes is plenty IMHO.

I put the rules together for ITEZ. The CFR has messed them up with an upper engine limit of 3.0 litres .. That eliminates about half of the Champcars .
I would like to see this morph into a derivative of Terry Hanasuk(sp) ,"Saturday Night Special", a 6 to 8 hr race that starts at 5 or 6 oclock sat eve. The selling points of the other endurance races are the tow to track time ratio . A sat eve race would allow teams to load in sat afternoon, race and leave sun am .

I have put my name to the CRB at l least twice, offering to help wherever needed. I put in a letter for the 200 TW tires a couple of times. Etc.
If I have missed an opportunity to further this endeavor, please enlighten me . MM

Success at effecting change at the local level doesn't automatically entitle anyone to consideration at the national level. It helps, but you have to ask yourself the question; why am I being ignored?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 am 

rekcik15 wrote:
Peter Olivola wrote:

Why don't we keep the ad hominem out of this. Mike brings up good points here and attacking him doesn't dispute those issues. Your welcome to disagree but lets leave it at that.

Apparently, by his own account, those points aren't viewed as "good" at the national level.