prodracing.com

Unofficial SCCA Production Racing Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RUNOFFS STORIES
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 pm 

I would love to hear any of the stories that folks would like to share about Indy. My favorite was the tire change call by Fall-Line in the GT-1 race. They had the right car to make it.

Post subject: Re: RUNOFFS STORIES
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 am 

TONY MACHI wrote:
I would love to hear any of the stories that folks would like to share about Indy. My favorite was the tire change call by Fall-Line in the GT-1 race. They had the right car to make it.

They also had air jacks and a full pit crew so it made it an "easy" operation.
But kudos to those guys for being prepared. same car finished 7th in GT2 and 1st in GT1. right tool for the conditions makes all the difference!

STU Scion FR-S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:20 pm 

On Tuesday night while I was at IMS { crewing for some friends ]I returned a phone call I had gotten earlier from a person by the name of Dave. He said he was from the SCCA stewards Office and I was being investigated for a passing under the yellow incident in the F-P qualifying session. After I stopped laughing I told him he might have the wrong person because I wasn't entered in the race, I wasn't a driver and I had been kicked out of SCCA months ago. He ask:, are you Rick Haynes, membership # 141983, and is your phone number 614 231 7194? I said yes and he said he did have the right person and repeated the charges, I said he was mistaken and ask did he get my information off the entry list? He said no, that he had gotten it from the SCCA membership list and he was sure I was the person he was looking for. Later I got a call saying they wanted my camera video for the steward's investigation. I called back to state again I was not the person he wanted, but he was just not going to believe that I was not the right person he was searching for. Later he called and said there had been a mistake and apologized, which was not necessary because it all had been very funny.

In hindsight I guess I took the easy way out, I should have just admitted my infraction like a man and taken whatever punishment is handed down for a non -entrant, non-driver who did not pass anybody under a yellow flag all the while being on permanent suspension from SCCA, I wonder, would they have kicked me out again?

I guess it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

rick haynes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 am 

I saw you do it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:38 pm 

I guess it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

rick haynes[/quote]

That is a riot. I was also there keeping a low profile crewing for a friend. The car that hit mine 4 times that was the impetus to tell the club to bite me got wrecked first turn in T4 so I guess karma is real...